Answered By: Andy Billington
Last Updated: Mar 06, 2018     Views: 7

Students are able to seek advice and guidance from the Accommodation Team by attending one of our drop in sessions or by email/phone. The University are not able to regulate on any malpractice in the private sector and the student is encouraged to seek legal advice or speak to West Lancs Council, who will be able to implement legalisation upon a property owner as appropriate.

If the complaint is minor, the student is advised to keep liaising with their landlord/letting agency and to formalise requests in writing establishing reasonable timescales for problems to be rectified, for example damp and mould issues or general maintenance.

Students can also seek information and support from the Students’ Union Advice Team via