Open Soprano on the Samsung Galaxy device and log in using your site credentials.
- In the Home tab
- Select the option - Pick Reserved items
- This will launch a list of all items currently reserved from your shelves.
- Locate the items on the shelves
Select the Found Y button when you have the item or the Skip X button if you cannot find the item.
- Once you have all your requested items you then need to process them.
- This is the same process as for processing exceptions in returns
Go to Resources and select return.
- Enter/scan the item barcode and select return item.
- Follow the instructions on screen
- Click the Process Reservation button - The Reservations screen will open
- Click SATISFY for the 1st borrower.
- The confirmation screen will display.
- Write down borrower number and hold expiry date (+4 working days) on reservation slip
For items to be collected at another site (Aintree, Manchester, R&C or distance profile) follow steps 1-3 then
- Instead of Satisfy click on transit and follow the instruction on the next screen.
- Place item in the correct box or on correct shelf
Aintree - Blue Box
Manchester - Red Box
Distance Profile - Postal Loan/Distance Profile Shelf
R&C - instructions below
Processing Reserve and Collect reservations (R&C)
You must also satisfy any R&C holds in site Ormskirk R&C to send a notification and make the item ready for collection.
Log into Ormskirk R&C
- Username orc
- password orc
- Enter the item barcode and click return item button
- Click Process RESERVATION
- Write down borrower number and hold expiry date on a YELLOW R&C reservation slip
- Place on the R&C shelf within the reservation shelves.
Once you have processed all retrieved items you must make MISSING items you cannot find on the shelves
- Go into Pick Reservations
- Click on the item you couldn’t find - The holdings screen will open
- Any available item(s) that weren't on the shelf need to be made missing
- Click on the item
- at the top of the item box click on the pencil
- From the status drop down choose “Missing” and then tick
Once you have completed the whole process please record the stats here
Y:\Learning Services\Customer Services\Customer Services folders\Learning Spaces\Statistics\Reservations