Answered By: Heather Sealey-Heckle Last Updated: Apr 06, 2020 Views: 3
The Service offers short-term therapeutic approaches to help you find solutions to any issues you may find difficult to deal with during your time at University. You may find it helpful to speak to a Counsellor to enable you to:
- Talk confidentially with someone other than friends and family;
- Share issues which are troubling you and gain help to find solutions;
- Learn techniques to help you to cope and manage your difficulties;
- Access to a range of self-help materials to help you to understand the difficulties you are experiencing;
- Help you to gain access to more specialised mental health services if required.
You can book an initial appointment with the wellbeing team. Your initial appointment is not a Counselling session but you will be able to discuss whether Counselling is appropriate and if it is thought that it would be, then a referral to Counselling can be completed. Counselling is provided by the Counselling team over in Milton House.
Please visit the wellbeing webpages for further information and to book an initial appointment.