Answered By: Library Helpdesk Last Updated: May 16, 2019 Views: 6
Edge Hill University is not obliged to fund the cost of spectacles where:
- An individual already wears spectacles which are adequate for use,
- An individual chooses a more costly item, e.g. designer frames, varifocals etc. In these circumstances, individuals will be expected to pay any additional costs for the frames/lenses. Go to the FM Wiki Page via the Go: Portal and “Forms” - find the form to Eye Care Voucher.
Fill in all the required fields in the online form and click ‘submit’. Your request will then be sent to FM Helpdesk to process. Your Specsavers eye care voucher will be emailed directly to you.
The VDU Eye care voucher (Specsavers) entitles the holder to:
- £25 towards full eye examination
- £45 towards CR39 single vision glasses
- (or £45 contribution towards upgrade when required solely and specifically for VDU use)
- £20 Premium Club Discount (when purchasing a frame from the £99 range or above) (or) 2 for 1 (when purchasing a qualifying frame)
Using Other Opticians
Staff members already using a non-Specsavers optician may continue to use their preferred optician, should they so wish. In these circumstances, the University may contribute:
- Up to £20.00 for an eyesight test and
- Up to £50.00 towards the total cost of spectacles
Staff members using this method should claim back the cost of the eyesight test and spectacles through the University’s staff expenses claim process (this must be authorised by your Department’s budget holder).